The aims of MSAL are
- To represent the interests of Muslim Students at the University of Tasmania.
- To provide a channel of communication between Muslim students and relevant societies and bodies within the Students’ Union and the University.
- To aid the integration of Muslim Students within the University community by establishing and maintaining a means of communication between Muslim students; socially, intellectually and on matters relating to community.
- To provide a specific forum for the dissemination, discussion and debate of information and knowledge about matters of interest for Muslim students.
- To facilitate and encourage the involvement of Muslim students in all aspects of the Students’ Union.
- To manage the use of the Muslim Prayer Rooms (MPR) in the best interest of Muslim Students and the University of Tasmania (UTAS) & in accordance with the UTAS/MSAL MPR policy document.